** We understand schools can’t go away for a residential visit this year. Fear not, Yorkshire Dales Bushcraft can come to you. We can even host an overnight camp out too. Please get in touch for more details. **
We also offer our very own Bushcraft Awards Scheme, incorporating our brand new explorers passport. The explorer’s passport gives children the ability to log their progress and work through our Bushcraft curriculum booklet with us.
At present, we work with various schools in the North and West Yorkshire area. Our awards scheme can be specifically tailored so that your school can achieve the best results from our delivery.
In addition to the above, we can offer your organization the opportunity to have an outdoor classroom at your location that’s accessible throughout the whole year, even in bad weather. Our dedicated and experienced team can help with the design, delivery, and installation of your outdoor education facility.
- Access to our explorer’s passport and our Bushcraft learning material.
- Full day visit
- Half-day visit
- 1 off school visits
- After school clubs
- A full school day package
- Residential stays at our bushcraft base camp or a camp out at your location.
Throughout the experiences, we teach a variety of primitive skills and techniques. Such as:
- Conservation and preservation
- Primitive fire lighting
- Campfire making
- Wildlife observations and tracking
- Campfire bakery skills
- Campfire cookery
- Wild food preparation and understanding the food chain
- Foraging skills, identifying edible and medicinal plants
- Water purification
- Camp preparation
- Natural shelter making
- Expedition planning
- Ax and Knife skills
- Coastal survival exercises (optional)
Unlocking potential. Promoting resilience.
” The more knowledge you carry, the less equipment you’ll need”