Bushcraft Weekend Experience
July 26 @ 6:00 pm - July 28 @ 6:00 pm£99.00 – £249.00
A £99 Deposit secures your place today
Join us here in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales for our Bushcraft weekend. Unwind and relax in the heart of the stunning Yorkshire countryside. Gather around the campfire, make new friends and tune in with the natural world. learn a whole range of essential Bushcraft skills. This weekend you will have the chance to sleep under Bushcraft tarp or in a hammock. The choice is simply yours. You don’t need any prior experience to attend our weekend course, everyone is welcome, even if its your first time camping, don’t worry – Our highly experienced team will look after you every step of the way. This is not a test of endurance, but a chance to get hands on experience – you’ll be pleasantly surprised at how much we cover in our weekend course. Throughout the weekend you will learn how to build shelter, make fire using primitive methods, prepare and cook Fish & Game, learn river and lake fishing skills, learn how to bake and cook on the campfire, and so much more.
- All meals – Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Drinks – Tea, coffee and soft drinks are available throughout the weekend
- Snacks – Biscuits and sweet treats
- Workshops – Please see our list of workshops below.
- On site – Secure parking
- A delicious full breakfast in the Estate cafe prior to departure on Sunday.
A list of workshops included in your weekend.
- Primitive and advanced Firecraft skills
- Navigation and Orientation: Using natural signs, maps, and basic navigation tools (like a compass) to find directions and navigate through unfamiliar terrain.
- Basic foraging skills
- Wilderness Baking – Breads and sweet treats
- Wilderness cookery – Fish or Game
- Shelter making – Advanced and primitive shelter making skills.
- Woodland crafting – Useful tools, knot tying etc.
- Guided health and wellbeing – Meditation, forest bathing, mind fullness
Over 18’s only. All dietary needs can be catered for. Just let us know at the time of booking.
I’m a Solo traveler, can I attend? Of course, a lot of our attendees are solo travelers. It’s a great way to meet new people.
I have a disability, can I attend? Of course, our team will be on hand to make your experience as comfortable as possible. If you require accommodation locally, our reservations team would be happy to organize this for you. Our support vehicle will be on hand for drop off and pick up at each workshop location. The terrain around basecamp is a little uneven, but we do have some good access points.
I have specific dietary needs, is this going to be ok? Sure. Just let us know at the time of booking, and we will make sure your are looked after.
I have never done anything like this before do I need experience? Absolutely NOT. Everyone is welcome around the campfire. Its an opportunity to get together, learn ew skills and enjoy reconnecting with the great outdoors. Our highly experienced staff will be on hand to guide you through, every step of the way.